Facial wash in the morning and at night
In order to lighten skin you can start your day with a facial wash routine, both in the morning and at night.
Consistency is an important part of maintaining overall health levels, therefore it is important to make sure that you are doing the following every morning and every night:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Avoid rough scrubbing or harsh soaps, as these can irritate your skin and cause scars on your skin for a long time. If you want to exfolate, use a soap or cleanser designed for that purpose, or you can also invest in a facial cleansing brush.
- Use face lotions (optional). It is advisable to always use alcohol-free lotions and choose a lotion according to your skin type. With this you will help to firm your skin and remove dirt from the pores.
- Hydrates. Hydration will regulate your skin's moisture balance and prevent excess oil production. Choose a moisturizer based on your skin type. If you have oily skin, use a moisturizer with an oil-free formula. If you are prone to acne, it is best to choose a moisturizer whose active ingredients fight against it, such as tea. Moisturize your skin every time you wash your face, shave or simply need extra hydration.
- Take your makeup off every night. It can be difficult to do if the fatigue is great, however, it is possible to buy a makeup remover based on oil or cream (or a mixture), and with a little water applied to a cotton ball, you will be able to remove the remains of makeup, which can become abrasive, on the surface of your skin.
Try different remedies to rid your skin of acne. Consider especially the following:
- Lotion or gel with salicylic acid. Salicylic acid causes an exfoliation of the skin layers much faster, in this way you will be helping your skin to get rid of acne and, in addition, you will prevent the new formation of new pimples. Use it daily.
- Benzolium peroxide spot treatment or lotion. If your acne is moderate or severe, you can find lotions with benzolium peroxide that you can apply evenly to your face, usually at bedtime. You can also find benzolium peroxide in spot treatment formulas.
- Visit a dermatologist. There are very effective treatments for treating acne. However, this type of treatment must be used under the supervision of a doctor, which means that you cannot do it for you without a prescription. If you are really interested, make an appointment with a specialist.
- Try face masks or pore cleansers. This is what is commonly known as an exfoliation, and it cleanses the dead skin from the surface of your face. For face masks, use them just once a week. Buy a scrub at your nearest drugstore or make your own at home.
Don't pop your pimples. It is not usually a good idea to scratch your pimples. It can be tempting if that pimple stays there for a day or two, but it's really not worth it. Popping your pimples can only bring adverse effects.
- Popping pimples causes spots to appear. These spots are inflammations in the dermis and epidermis, the innermost and outermost layers of your skin. These types of spots take a long time to heal, so it is always better to resist doing so.
- Popping pimples can leave scars. Although pimples are temporary, scars are permanent. If you want smooth skin, you better not do it.
- Don't touch your face. The oil and dirt from your hands will transfer to your face, making it easier to clog your pores. Keeping your hands away from your face will also help you break the habit of popping pimples.
Use only quality makeup and brushes
Makeup, like food, accumulates bacteria that can sometimes be bad. If you've been using the same powders, blush, eyeshadow, and mascara for around 6 months, it's probably time to throw them out and buy new ones. Your skin will appreciate it!
- The only exception to this is brushes.as they can be cleaned, rather than thrown away. Get an antibacterial cleansing formula for makeup brushes at any drugstore and use it every month or so after finishing your morning routine. Leave the brushes in the fresh air during the day and at night.
Drink enough water
Experts recommend drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water a day to begin to notice a different skin. The extra fluid makes it easier to expel toxins and waste that the body does not want.
- Girls: It is recommended to drink about 2 and a half liters of water a day. If you have a hard time drinking that much, eliminate sugary drinks from your daily diet. In fact, you should try eliminating sugary drinks from your diet for general health improvement.
- Guys: It is recommended that they drink approximately three liters of water a day.
- If the color of your urine is very light, it means that less water you need to drink. When your urine is yellow, it means you need to drink more water.
Your skin may generate dirt and oil while you sleep without realizing it. Try these tricks to minimize your risk:
- Change your pillowcase at least once a week. Pillowcases collect dust, saliva, and other dirt, which gets on your face every time you sleep. Put your pillows to wash or change them regularly for best results.
- Pick your hair back. A braid for those with long hair can be a good solution. You can also avoid keeping your hair out of your bangs with a band or tape. This will help keep your hair from irritating your face while you sleep.
- Get the dream of your dreams! Sleep deprivation and stress can manifest in bad skin, therefore, make sure you get 7-8 hours of sleep every night to get a quality rest.
Follow a healthy diet and exercise daily
A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and fiber will help your body and skin stay healthy. Exercise is a great way to de-stress, maintain adequate blood pressure, and ensure a good night's rest.
- Try to eat foods that give you the right kind of energy. Diets rich in sugar and refined carbohydrates have been linked to the appearance of pimples than other diets rich in proteins, vegetables and whole grains, although not all the scientific community agrees with this. What is clear is that eating vegetables (eggplant, broccoli, carrots) are much healthier for you. And what's healthy for you is probably healthy for your skin, too.
- Diets high in saturated fat and hormones can be deadly for skin conditions. Cows, for example, can be fed hormones in order to produce more milk. This does not mean that you should eliminate milk from your diet completely. Just find out about what goes into your body.
- Eat nuts and foods rich in healthy fats. Vitamin E, Omega 3 and other fatty components are found in foods such as nuts, seeds, salmon, and avocado. They are very important to achieve smooth, clean and firm skin.
- Run, come on, nothing! Do any type of exercise that makes you feel good. Walking at least 15 minutes a day is a huge improvement to start with. Exercise in general will help you reduce the stress levels in your body, generated throughout the day. And stress causes pimples, so to get the skin your body deserves, hit the gym, burn off the treadmill, or slide through the water. Your body will thank you.
Drink green tea
Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that can help your body fight acne and will help the digestion process (which is considered related to acne). Drink two to three glasses of green tea a day for optimal results.
Don't wash your face with shampoo or hand soap
These types of products contain high concentrates that can seriously damage the extraordinary fine skin of your face. Hand soaps are made for thick skin (two to three times thicker than facial skin), for skin full of bacteria. This is why they can contain acids that could literally burn your face and cause serious damage for a long time (in some cases, more than 12 months). Do not forget that the skin of the face is thin, therefore, even not all products, not even those of the highest quality, are not compatible with your face.