Are you trying to send an email or make a mention on Twitter or Instagram but you don’t know how to write this strange symbol? Have you tried to discover again and again what is the method of putting on an at but you always forget? Would you like to know the combination of definitive keys that you need to write at and want to remember it forever?
The at (@) that we all identify today, which in English is pronounced as “at“, was not a symbol widely used in the past.
on a PC with a physical keyboard
- All languages with numeric keypad: Ctrl + Alt 2 or Alt + 64
- International Spanish: Alt Gr 2
- Spanish Latin America: Alt Gr + Q
- US English: Shift + 2
- UK English: Shift + ‘
- Italian: Alt Gr + Q
- French (AZERTY): Alt Gr + à
on a PC without a physical keyboard
Many times we do not have a physical keyboard and we also need to write at on the screen.
- The first step is to click on the start button in the lower left of the Windows desktop.
- Then you click on Search and type “On-Screen Keyboard”.
- Clicking on it will appear an elegant on-screen keyboard that will allow you to type anything, including an arroba.
- Simply click on the Alt Gr key and, as you will see, the at will appear as well as other symbols that we can choose.
When you click on at, it will appear on the site where we are writing.back to menu ↑
with the keyboard on Mac
If you are a Mac user you should already know that among the big differences with Windows is its special keyboard and the way in which it behaves with the Operating System.
To write at you need:
- If your keyboard is set to Spanish, press Alt + 2
- If your keyboard is set to English, press Alt + G
Enjoy your at!
on a smartphone
Many times we want to write at on a smartphone and we don’t know very well where it is. Today you can leave doubts.
How to write at on Android
If what you are looking for is the way you type at on your Android phone, you just have to press the 123 symbol on your keyboard.
As soon as you do, you can write at very easily.back to menu ↑
How to write at on iPhone
Writing at on an iPhone is also really simple. We just have to press where it says 123 and you can select the at instantly.
As you can see, there are so many ways that surely it will not take long to memorize without any problems the many ways that exist to write the at on the keyboard.
Do you know more ways to write at? If so, do not hesitate to share it with everyone!
This post is also available in: Spanish