Your team worked perfectly but suddenly it has strange behavior? Do you think you have been infected by a Trojan or something similar and want to know the fastest way to eliminate it? Is it possible to recover the usual state of our computer as soon as possible without dying in the attempt?
If you use a PC frequently, either to read the news or to watch videos on the Internet and your computer has started to behave abnormally, perhaps your computer has been affected by a Trojan or by any other type of computer infection. But before discovering how to eliminate any parasite that is doing theirs on your computer step by step, it is important that you know the essential information about malware.
- Malware: These are programs or files that have been developed with the purpose of harming. In this way, within what is known as malware we find different types: viruses, worms, trojan horses (or Trojans), spyware, hijackers and certain types of adware.
It is very simple to understand, malware is basically any malicious program that, once it infects your machine, will begin to alter the operation of your computer’s operating system for purposes of doubtful morality. What many people do not know is that there are many different types of infections and that these are broadly categorized as Malware.
In this article we will focus on how to end these types of threats regardless of their nature and I will teach you the most effective methods to deal with their most frequent forms: viruses, Trojans, worms, etc. You will be able to detect and eliminate the majority of malware that runs on the internet in the blink of an eye.
We will not focus on a specific type of infection in particular, but we will provide an overview of how these infections can generally be detected and subsequently eliminated. For the most part, with these instructions you will be able to remove any type of malware.
Identifying the problem in your team
Before explaining how to remove a Trojan virus, it is important to understand if a Trojan is really the type of malware that is causing our computer to malfunction.
These are the most frequent types of threats that fall within the generic term “malware”:
- Adware: It is a program that generates pop ups (that type of window with advertising that appears on the content of a website when you are browsing). It is important that you know that not all adware are considered malware. There are a lot of legitimate programs that allow you to show ads in order to generate profits. Whenever you know that you are going to install an adware, it cannot be considered malware.
- Backdoor: It is a program that allows a remote user to execute commands and tasks on your computer without your permission. These types of programs are normally used to launch attacks on other computers, distribute copyrighted software or multimedia files. It is also used to hack other computers.
- Spyware: It is a program that monitors your activity or your milking information and sends it to a remote computer without your noticing.
- Trojan: This type of program designed with an innocent appearance is known as a Trojan, but that was actually created with the intention of causing some kind of malicious activity or providing a backdoor on your system.
- Virus: It is a program that, when executed, has the ability to replicate itself by infecting programs and files on your computer. These programs have various effects that range from cleaning your hard drive, to showing a joke in a small window, or to being harmless and only playing. These types of infections tend to be located on your computer and do not have the ability to replicate on another computer by itself. The word virus has been incorrectly converted into your term that includes Trojans, worms and viruses.
- Worm: This is a program that, when executed, has the ability to replicate in other computers using email techniques, or use the Internet to infect a remote computer using security holes.
The best antivirus to eliminate any type of virus
Eliminating a virus of any kind is much simpler if we know which are the antivirus that most successfully neutralize the attacks of these unwanted programs.
Get to know each one of them, and make your computer equipment return to normal as soon as possible.
Free antivirus for the home computer
1. Microsoft Essentials
If the buscamos una herramienta efectiva, ligera, rápida y con constant updates, entonces Microsoft Security Essentials es lo que necesitamos.
The best thing about this antivirus is that we hardly notice that it is working, except for the small icon in the notification area.
If you like to enjoy your time in front of the computer in a pleasant way and without impertinent notifications, Microsoft Security Essentials can be very useful.
2. Panda Free Antivirus
If what we are looking for is a support team that is available to us at any time, that your equipment continues to function smoothly, as well as the best quality guarantees, you may be interested in Panda Free Antivirus.
From its website we can download the software very easily and run it without any difficulty on the infected computer.
Whether you can access the infected computer or not, you can download the necessary software to install it on your computer, or follow the process to run it from a USB.
One of the most used options by the most experienced users.
On its official website we can find two versions, one free and one paid.
The free version guarantees the privacy of our data, acts against attacks on our computers, has a large user community, but on the other hand, includes some ads.
Not only do we have the free version available, but for those who want more advanced protection they can also obtain a Pro version, which in addition to everything that includes the basic and not having ads, also protects our network, as well as all our purchases and banking operations.
Professional antivirus for companies
Kaspersky offers solutions for all types of users, with solutions for individuals, but especially for companies of different types.
Packages designed according to the size of your own company, helps you select the one that best suits the needs of your business to always keep everything protected.
You can check all their options on their official website.
McAfee has always been a great option as a security and encryption solution.
With a wide range of possibilities, McAfee provides its users with different security mechanisms, based on their needs, thus offering products for both individuals, small and large companies.
3. Avast for Business
If we want to have a tight control of the security of our company, Avast for Business is one of the most interesting options that we can find at the moment in the market.
Compatible with both Windows and Mac, Avast for Business guarantees unique versatility and efficiency in data protection issues.
Antivirus for mobile phones and tablets
1. AVG AntiVirus
Although the security of Android devices is much more effective than that of other operating systems, it is important to maintain caution even on our phones or tablets.
An interesting option is the AVG AntiVirus, one of the most downloaded security applications in the Play Store that protects us from viruses, theft, we can block applications, activate the camera trap or immediately block the entire device.
If we want to keep our important data safe, it may be time to install this antivirus right now.back to menu ↑
How to prevent malware attacks
Before finishing I would like to mention my two premises when surfing the Internet without that means being exposed to any type of virus:
- Be cautious Be wary of what seems suspicious to us.
- Have an effective and updated antivirus.
How to permanently remove a Trojan virus from your PC
These are very simple steps, which will help you to remove a Trojan virus from your PC manually.
Install only official software and make sure you always have your device updated
Install an antivirus
Most have an impressive database, and can eliminate any virus quickly. You can try someone like Microsoft Security Essentials. If you find it impossible to run your antivirus scan, try to do it in Safe Mode.
In 99% of cases, using an updated antivirus is usually the best way to combat unwanted programs on our computer. Below I tell you what are the antivirus that are offering the best results and I indicate which is the best for each case.back to menu ↑
Recognize the Trojan
After identifying the infected file with a Trojan horse, it will be very easy to delete it. Normally, your system will give you a DLL error, which is associated with a Trojan attack. You can copy the error and find out the affected .exe file using the Internet for more information.back to menu ↑
Stop system restore function
If you forget this step, then the file you delete may have the ability to restore.
Restart the computer
When you do, press F8 and select to start the PC in safe mode.back to menu ↑
Go to Add or remove programs
This is found in the Control Panel, so it eliminates programs affected by the Trojan virus.back to menu ↑
Remove recently installed extensions in your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla …).
If none of the above works, you may have to format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system on your computer and return the device to its original factory settings. In this process all the data and files hosted on your hard drive are deleted, so it is highly recommended to have a backup or backup to be able to restore them later.
This post is also available in: Spanish