Your equipment was working perfectly but suddenly it has strange behavior? Do you think you have been infected by a Trojan or something similar and want to know the fastest way to eliminate it? Is it possible to recover the usual state of our computer as soon as possible without dying in the attempt?
If you use a PC frequently, either to read the news or to watch videos on the Internet, and your computer has started to behave abnormally, perhaps your computer has been affected by a Trojan horse or any other type of computer infection. But before discovering how to eliminate any parasite that is doing its thing on your computer step by step, it is important that you know the essential information about malware.
- Malware: They are programs or files that have been developed with the purpose of harming. In this way, within what is known as malware we find different types: viruses, worms, Trojan horses (or Trojans), spyware, hijackers and certain types of adware.
It is very easy to understand, malware is basically any malicious program that, once it infects your machine, will begin to alter the operation of your computer's operating system for purposes of dubious morality. What many people don't know is that there are many different types of infections and that these are broadly categorized as Malware.
In this article we will focus on how to eliminate these types of threats regardless of their nature and I will teach you the most effective methods to deal with their most frequent forms: viruses, Trojans, worms, etc. You will be able to detect and eliminate the majority of malware that runs on the internet in the blink of an eye.
We will not focus on a specific type of infection in particular, but we will provide an overview of how these infections can generally be detected and subsequently eliminated. For the most part, with these instructions you will be able to remove any type of malware.
Identifying the problem in your team
Before explaining how to eliminate a Trojan virus, it is important to understand if a Trojan is really the type of malware that is causing our computer to malfunction.
These are the most common types of threats that fall under the generic term "malware":
- Adware: It is a program that generates pop ups (that type of window with advertising that appears on the content of a website when you are browsing). It is important that you know that not all adware is considered malware. There are a large number of legitimate programs that allow you to display ads in order to generate profits. As long as you know that you are going to install adware, it cannot be considered malware.
- Backdoor: It is a program that allows a remote user to execute commands and tasks on your computer without your permission. These types of programs are normally used to launch attacks on other computers, distribute copyrighted software or multimedia files. It is also used to hack other computers.
- Spyware: It is a program that monitors your activity or the information of your computer and sends it to a remote computer without you noticing.
- Trojan: This type of program designed with an innocent appearance, but which, in reality, was created with the intention of causing some type of malicious activity or to provide a backdoor on your system is known as a Trojan.
- Virus: It is a program that, when run, has the ability to replicate itself by infecting programs and files on your computer. These programs have various effects ranging from cleaning your hard drive, to displaying a joke in a small window, to being harmless and just playing. These types of infections tend to be localized on your computer and do not have the ability to replicate on another computer by itself. The word virus has been incorrectly converted into your term that encompasses Trojans, worms, and viruses.
- Worm: It is a program that, when it is run, has the ability to replicate itself on other computers using email techniques, or use the Internet to infect a remote computer using security holes.
The best antivirus to eliminate any type of virus
Eliminating a virus of any kind is much easier if we know which are the antivirus that most successfully neutralize the attacks of these unwanted programs.
Get to know each one of them, and get your computer equipment back to normal as soon as possible.
Free antivirus for your home computer
1. Microsoft Essentials
If we are looking for an effective, light, fast tool with constant updates, then Microsoft Security Essentials is what we need.
The best of this antivirus is that we hardly notice that it is working, except for the small icon in the notification area.
If you like to enjoy your time in front of the computer in a pleasant way and without intrusive notifications, Microsoft Security Essentials can be very useful.
2. Panda Free Antivirus
If what we are looking for is a support team that is at our disposal at any time, that your computers continue to function smoothly, as well as the best quality guarantees, you may be interested in Panda Free Antivirus.
From Web page we can download the software very easily and run it without any difficulty on the infected computer.
Whether you can access the infected computer or not, you can download the necessary software to install it on the computer, or follow the process to run it from a USB.
One of the most used options by the most experienced users.
In its official Web we can find two versions, one free and one paid.
The free version guarantees the privacy of our data, acts against attacks on our computers, has a large community of users, but on the other hand, it includes some advertisements.
Not only do we have the free version available, but for those who want more advanced protection they can also get a Pro version, which in addition to everything that the basic one includes and not having ads, also protects our network, as well as all our purchases and banking operations.
Professional antivirus for business
Kaspersky offers us solutions for all types of users, with solutions for both individuals, but especially for companies of different types.
Packages designed based on the size of your own company, helps you select the one that best suits the needs of your business to always keep everything protected.
You can check all your options in your official website.
McAfee has always been a great choice as a security and encryption solution.
With a wide range of possibilities, McAfee provides its users with different security mechanisms, based on their needs, thus offering products for both individuals and small or large companies.
3. Avast for Business
If we want to have a tight control of the security of our company, Avast for Business is one of the most interesting options that we can find at the moment in the market.
Compatible with both Windows and Mac, Avast for Business guarantees unique versatility and efficiency in data protection matters.
Antivirus for mobiles and tablets
1. AVG AntiVirus
Although the security of Android devices is much more effective than that of other operating systems, it is important to maintain caution even on our phones or tablets.
An interesting option is the AVG AntiVirus, one of the most downloaded security applications on the Play Store that protects us from viruses, theft, we can block applications, activate the camera trap or immediately block the entire device.
If we want to keep our important data safe, it may be time to install this antivirus right now.
How to prevent malware attacks
Before concluding, I would like to mention my two premises when browsing the internet without this meaning being exposed to any type of virus:
- Be cautious. Be suspicious of what seems suspicious to us.
- Have an effective and updated antivirus.
How to permanently remove a Trojan virus from your PC
These are very simple steps, which will help you eliminate a Trojan virus from your pc manually.
Install only official software and make sure your equipment is always up to date
Install an antivirus
Most have an impressive database, and can remove any virus quickly. You can try one like Microsoft Security Essentials. If you find it impossible to run your antivirus scan, try doing it in Safe Mode.
In 99% cases, using an updated antivirus is usually the best way to combat unwanted programs on our computer. Below I will tell you which antivirus are offering the best results and I will tell you which one is the best for each case.
Recognize the Trojan
After identifying the file infected with a Trojan horse, it will be very easy to delete it. Normally, your system will give you a DLL error, which is associated with a Trojan attack. You can copy the error and find out the affected .exe file using the Internet to get more information.
Stop system restore function
If you forget this step, then the file you delete may be capable of being restored.
Restart the computer
When you do, press F8 and select to start the PC in safe mode.
Go to Add or remove programs
This is located in the Control Panel, then remove the programs affected by the Trojan virus.
Delete recently installed extensions in your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla…).
If none of the above works, you may need to do a hard drive format and reinstall the operating system on your computer and return the device to its original factory settings. In this process all the data and files stored on your hard drive are eliminated, so it is highly recommended to have a backup copy to be able to restore them later.