The human being has had many achievements throughout his life, such as the discovery of fire, music, the internet, technical and scientific advances, and has even been able to challenge powerful nature by taking ships to the ends of the solar system. . Instead, has not been able to give you an effective solution to how to remove the hiccups.
Is it possible to remove the hiccups?
"Hiccups are a convulsive and involuntary movement of the diaphragm that is repeated at more or less regular intervals, forces the lungs to blowing air in a jerky and jerky way and it is accompanied by a characteristic sound. "
Every time it happens to us, everyone who is around us does not stop overwhelming us, each one telling us a different way of how to remove hiccups and neither works. Some of them are very unpleasant, such as having to drink a spoonful of vinegar, or eat excessively, the latter with the danger of suffocation. I bet on the simple, easy and effective ways:
- The scare (doesn't always work)
- The typical one of drinking sips of water, and also drinking them with the head upside down, and requires concentration to avoid drowning or throwing all the water on you.
- Resist the breath to the limit.
- This is a version of the previous one: lie on your back in bed or on another flat surface, without placing a pillow, take a deep breath and hold your breath.
- Stretch the diaphragm. Breathe in slowly for 30 seconds, and breathe out calmly to yourself. Repeat this up to 5 times, or until you see your hiccups go away.
- Ask the person who has the hiccups What did you eat before yesterday? It leaves you so perplexed and thoughtful - since it is very difficult to remember what you eat from one day to the next - that the hiccups are gone, and the concentration is diverted to the question.
- When someone in your environment suffers hiccups, say seriously and with conviction: "don't lie, you don't have hiccups”.